Saturday, February 20, 2010

Take care of yourself

So I thought I was doing pretty good with the whole keeping healthy thing. My weight is good, I don't eat crap, and I get in some exercise. For various reasons, I had to get a physical recently and the doctor didn't seem too concerned about my general health. Woohoo, instant validation of my reasoning to stay away from the doctor's office--namely "I'm healthy, I don't need to go see that guy." Then he told me to get blood drawn for cholesterol.

Dammit if it wasn't high. I guess high cholesterol runs in families and, you guessed it, runs in ours. Yeah, you're welcome.

Eat the best you can given the food services situation, exercise regularly, do modern jazz dance, and get a physical once in a while. That's my plan, except for the jazz dance, so that I can hang around and irritate my kids 'til I'm 103 (to paraphrase Jiminy Cricket.)

No comments:

Post a Comment