Monday, February 15, 2010

Getting fired

I mentioned getting fired as one of those times where you might be in serious trouble. If you've got bills to pay and suddenly no way to pay them, then you are most certainly in trouble. Otherwise, it might not be so bad.

I can count on one hand the number of places I've worked. Lots of positions, few employers. The second job I had I got fired from. It was a mix of principal and dumbness, which is kinda funny. The boss at the golf course would have a meeting once a month and insist that we be there without pay. I grumbled the first couple times, then finally argued with him about it. He didn't budge so I didn't go to the next meeting, for which I wasn't put on the schedule for the next week. The next month, I just forgot and when I remembered it was too late to worry about it.

Next day, the boss was waiting for me to show up. He said basically that that was twice and I was done. When I brought up the whole lack of pay thing, he said that we could have talked about it. Well, we already had and he was choosing to ignore that bit. So that was that. I felt pretty crappy about getting canned, even if it was a shitty job. Took about a month of constant looking to get another job, but I did and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment