Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Happy dance

I've already told you this, but it's important enough for me to tell you again in front of the whole world (wide web, anyway.) Every year that goes by without you being a mama, I do a happy dance. When you get in to your late twenties, early thirties, I won't be dancing anymore. But in the meantime, I consider each baby-less year a little victory.

I was ridiculously stupidly young when you were born. Now, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a thing because then I wouldn't have you around to listen to my terrible jokes. But. I would not recommend the teen parenthood path to anyone, nor would I recommend the just young parenthood path. Go do some stuff before you have kids. Get your career started, travel, finish your studies, whatever. It's all a million times harder once you've got anklebiters of your own. And more expensive. Holy crap, kids are expensive.

Be smart, be careful, and stay away from boys. They're nothing but trouble. Oh, and they smell, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment