Saturday, January 28, 2012

Long black

I want coffee.  Preferably drip, lava hot, in a large paperish cup with some kind of dorky sleeve on it to keep the lava from burning the crap out of my hand as I try to sip it and burn the crap out of my tongue instead.  Starbucks is only on every other corner here, so at some point you will need to visit one of the native coffee vendors.

Try to find a drip coffee on the menu.  You'll find it if you get out of line and walk a few blocks over to Starbucks.

What's an American that wants a big cup of black coffee to do?  The drinks are all espresso-based. Check the menu and you'll see a flat white and a long black.  Flat white is espresso and microfoamed milk (more or less a latte) and a long black is an Americano.

You know which one I order.  Strong and bitter, like my women.

No comments:

Post a Comment