Saturday, August 21, 2010

If you start thinking you're a great driver

If you start thinking you're a great driver, you'll probably wreck your car in the near future.  Knowing your limits and always working on your skills will help you keep your ego in check.

Your uncle and I both managed to do really well at the basic motorcycle skills course.  We took it at different times, but we both crashed after passing the test.  He crashed right in front of the school, one of the instructors helped him pick up his bike.  I crashed playing Ricky Racer in Reche Canyon and broke my wrist.  I don't know about your uncle, but I was feeling pretty full of myself when I scored the highest on the riding test and the instructors said that they would feel good about riding with me.  Not sure how I got my helmet on after that.

I've had lots of drivers training and driven lots of miles.  I still make a serious effort each time I get in the car to pay attention and concentrate on what I'm doing.  There have been a few accidents in those miles and more than one can be chalked up to not being alert.

No comments:

Post a Comment